[Foss4g2009] Re: FW: FOSS4G 2009 website

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 04:18:40 EDT 2008

Arnulf Christl wrote:
> On Fri, August 15, 2008 23:54, Paul Ramsey wrote:
>
>> Get the OSGeo logo in there.
>> Deprecate the Tourhosts logo. As far as the outside world is
>> concerned, *OSGeo* is putting on the event. Tourhosts contact info, but no
>> graphic identity.
>>
>> If you can stand the embarrassment of a .asp web site, I can too...
>>

>> P.
>>

> Cameron,
> cool design, this looks really good and +1 to Paul's comments. Except that
> I would not be able to stand the embarrassment of a .asp web site. But
> thats only me.

Agreed, a .asp web site is quite a slap in the face for an Open Source
conference. I'll see if we can fix that.

I'll add:

* The photo should include the Opera House, ideally in the same profile
as the logo, in order to help people see the Opera House link to the
logo design.

* "Committee" tab should be replaced with "Contact"
** The Contact tab should contain a list of committee members, and links
to our wiki, public email list, and eventually an 2009info at foss4g.org
email list (to be set up).