[Foss4g2009] FOSS4G Geospatial Integration Showcase

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 04:22:43 EDT 2008

Kirsty,
I mentioned in the last meeting that we are planning to set up an
Integration Showcase which will provide a good opportunity for sponsorship.
I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on how sponsorship should be
tied in with this.

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Geospatial_Integration_Showcase

The Geospatial Integration Showcase is a practical demonstration of
Application and Data Interoperability which underpins FOSS4G
presentations and workshops and provides a platform for future
initiatives, including:

    * An GeoFOSS demo CD (often called Live CD)
    * Spatial Data Infrastructures
    * Testing suite programs
    * Open Data programs
    * Future conferences
    * Mashups and Boot Camps
    * Application selection decision trees (a tool for System Architects)

The Integration Showcase is the sum of many long term integration
projects and is structured to be significantly bigger than a one event
demonstrator and all participants are strongly encouraged to think long
term.

... more at: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Geospatial_Integration_Showcase