[Foss4g2009] FOSS4G conference to engage University of NSW School of Surveying & Spatial Information Systems

Cameron Shorter cshorter at lisasoft.com
Sun Mar 30 22:32:14 EDT 2008

Hello Professor Linlin GE,

It was nice to meet you recently and discuss the potential for the
University of NSW School of Surveying and Spatial Information Systems to
get involved in the development of the 2009 conference for Free and Open
Source Software for Geospatial (FOSS4G) which will be held at the UNSW.

Details about the conference are currently at:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2009
(follow the links to join our organising email lists)

Sydney's successful proposal is available here:
http://www.osgeo.org/sites/osgeo.org/files/webfiles/conference/proposals/2009/FOSS4G2009_proposal_sydney.pdf

We have just starting the selection of a Professional Conference
Organisor (PCO) now. We would love to have your involvement in this. We
currently have representation from Industry and Government sectors, but
no Academic sector yet. If someone is free to help, please let me know
and I will forward through the relevant documents to review, and ensure
you are invited to the face-to-face PCO interviews.

I've written further ideas for involvement here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2009_Get_Involved#Australian_Universities

Feel free to forward this email on.