[Foss4g2009] wesbite changes

Dave Patton davep at confluence.org
Sun Oct 5 13:51:29 EDT 2008

On 2008/09/29 3:27 AM, mapbutcher wrote:
> The following is proposed on the wiki in regard to the process of  making
> changes to the website;

> 4. is the process any different for an update to the content of an existing
> page vs a new page
>
> I prefer a simple process
>
> a) submit proposed change to the list AND as a proposed todo task on the
> wiki (
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2009_Website_Feedback#Website_todo_list)
> b) Simon keeps eye on the list and wiki and coordinates these with TH - if
> there is something thats needs OC agreement via a meeting we postpone the
> change to our regular meeting (
> http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/foss4g2009/2008-September/000348.html)
> c) change is made by TH
> d) re-deploy onto OSGeo box

I'm not clear what role TH now plays with respect to
the website's content and functionality. Now that the
initial prototype that TH developed is live, it seems
to me that the Live version is the "master copy", and
everything should derive from it(should it be put into
OSGeo's SVN?). Some things will have to have TH involvement,
but not all changes would need to go through them?

--
Dave Patton
CIS Canadian Information Systems

Degree Confluence Project: