[Foss4g2009] Venue for FOSS4G 2009

Tim Bowden tim.bowden at westnet.com.au
Mon Sep 22 04:34:09 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-22 at 17:16 +1000, Janelle Driscoll wrote:
> Dear Organising Committee,
>

> After tallying up the votes for the venue for the FOSS4G 2009
> Conference everyone has voted to go with SCEC. So we will lock in the
> dates of Wednesday 21st to Friday the 23rd of October 2009.

Excellent.  Now we can move on with the program.

> With the workshops it seems that most people would prefer them to be
> on Tuesday 20th October. Denisa and I are looking at venues for the
> workshops and think that we will be able to hold them on this date.
>

> Code sprint would then be on Saturday 24th October either at Cameron’s
> office (Cameron we should make a time to discuss/ confirm this) or at
> an off site venue such as the Maritime Museum.

My pref is Cameron's office as that is the cheaper office, but whatever
works.

> We will therefore start advertising the Conferences as running from
> Tuesday 20 – Friday 23 October 2009 (we will not advertise the date of
> the code sprint as it is invite only).

I believe it should be widely advertised (but not specifically as part
of the conf program dates as such).  The code sprint is a good
opportunity to introduce new programmers to OSGeo projects.  The code is
open, the process is open, and we want to encourage new blood.  Only
hackers will want to come anyway so we don't have to worry about the
great unwashed masses (such as me!).

Regards,
Tim Bowden

Kind Regards

Janelle Driscoll

Janelle Driscoll
Conference Co-ordinator

Tel: +61(2) 9265 0770
Fax:+61(2) 9267 5443
jdriscoll at tourhosts.com.au

Tour Hosts Pty Limited
Level 10
51 Druitt Street
Sydney, NSW 2000
Australia
ABN 28 000 386 676

Website: www.tourhosts.com.au

____________________________________
Exclusive Australian Partner of the
INCON Group: The worldwide
partnership of leading Professional
Conference Organisers and Event
Producers www.incon-pco.com

Tour Hosts is managing a range of
prominent meetings including:
• 5th SETAC World Congress - The
Society of Environmental Toxicology
and Chemistry (SETAC) - Sydney 2008
• 57th Cardiac Society of Australia
and New Zealand (CSANZ) Annual
Scientific Meeting - Sydney 2009
• World Congress of Internal
Medicine (WCIM2010) in conjunction
with Physicians Week - Melbourne
2010

Tour Hosts are proud to be national
winners of three 2007 MEA Meetings &
Events Industry Awards.
• Meetings Manager - 8 or more
employees (2007 and 2006)
• Meeting of the Year - more than
500 delegates (2007 and 2006)
• Meeting of the Year - less than
500 delegates (2007)

Also Winner of the NSW Tourism Award
(Meetings and Business Tourism)

P Please consider the environment
before printing this E-mail

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you recognize a mistake
when you make it again.