[Foss4g2009] Venue for FOSS4G 2009

Dave Patton davep at confluence.org
Mon Sep 22 11:25:16 EDT 2008

On 2008/09/22 12:16 AM, Janelle Driscoll wrote:
> We will therefore start advertising the Conferences as running from
> Tuesday 20 - Friday 23 October 2009 (we will not advertise the date of
> the code sprint as it is invite only).

Well, the Code Sprint isn't really "invite only", unless
you say that applies to people who invite themselves :-)
If the venue(s) that we use for the Code Sprint limit
the number of participants, then we might need to deal
with some form of restrictions, but otherwise it's
open to 'everyone'.

As per the example program I created:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2009_Venue_Planning
I would suggest:
- where it is appropriate, mention the Code Sprint
   (e.g. on the 2009 website; at FOSS4G2008)
- as we don't have any specifics, or even a vote in
   favor of doing them, don't mention Tours or Technical
   Visits at this stage

--
Dave Patton
CIS Canadian Information Systems