[Foss4g2009] Errata - Presentation Bios

Venka venka.osgeo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 23:44:26 EDT 2009

Dear All,

Could you kindly make changes our abstract submission
http://2009.foss4g.org/presentations/#presentation_155
as below to;

There is no change in the abstract. only in the presenters and bio.

Sorry for the trouble and thanks in advance.

Best regards

Venka

Open Web Processing Services for Improving Accuracy of GPS tracks using
Filtering and Map-Matching

Abstract: This paper presents open geo-processing services to support
co-registering the vehicle GPS traces with road network, based on open
GIS standards and open source geospatial software. An integrated approach
is proposed to glue open source geospatial software to provide Web Services
for enhancement of GPS tracks. Map matching algorithms for vehicle tracking
data are implemented using the PyWPS interface. Track-logs are stored in the
PostgreSQL/PostGIS enabling handling of large volume data of road network
and the Openlayers client is used to visualize the processing results.
As a part
of the core processes of map matching in PyWPS, specific filters of GPS
tracks,
related to vehicle motion characteristics, are first applied to produce
high quality
vehicle trajectories. Secondly, advanced curve-to-curve distance measurement
algorithms - Hausdorff distance and Frechet distance are implemented in
Python
to perform map matching of road network. The system has been tested
under dense
urban road network conditions in Osaka City in Japan. The results of the
experiments
suggest that the Web Services are effective for retrieval of the paths
from urban street
network and accurate matching of tracking data form low-cost GPS
tracking devices.
The services implemented as a part of this research will be not only
useful for vehicle
tracking but also for automated update of road network and in improving
quality of
community driven geo-data collection initiatives such as the Open Street
Map.

Presenters: Xianfeng Song, Venkatesh Raghavan and Daisuke Yoshida

Biography:

Xianfeng Song research interest is Geo-Processing Workflow and their
applications in infrastructure management and environment modeling. His
current research include (1) Optimizing geospatial Web services chain
based on QoS (2) SWAT model for hydrology simulation and sediment yield
estimation (3)Map-Matching and LBS Services. He is presently Associate
Professor at the Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Sciences.
He is an active member of the OSGeo-China Chapter.

Venkatesh Raghavan (Venka) has been involved in OSGeo since its
inception. He was one of the Directors in the first OSGeo Board and is
currently a Charter Member. He is deeply involved in OSGeo Local
Chapters in Asia. Presently based in Japan as Professor of
Geoinformatics at Osaka City University. His research interest
include distributed geoprocessing, Sensor Net and Remote Sensing
for change detection.

Daisuke Yoshida is a doctoral student at the Graduate School of
Creative Cities, Osaka City University and works at the Faculty of
Liberal Arts, Tezukayama Gakuin University as a lecturer. He has
participated on a Japanese volunteer program, JICA in the Philippines to
provide technical assistance for implementing SDI prototype using
FOSS4G tools. His research interests are Web-GIS development, LBS,
Real-time GPS, Mobile GIS and digital archives. He has also been a
FOSS4G trainer at several international workshops. He is board member
OSGeo-Japan Chapter and organizer for FOSS4G-Osaka annual events.