[Foss4g2010] OSM at FOSS4G 2010?

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Tue Oct 13 14:33:59 EDT 2009

We found that things stay casual until they're not. (Basically, once
people really want to win the bid, they start doing more and more prep
work to get out in front of the other bids. Competition is a harsh
task-master.)

One non-trivial thing to work out is how joint admission and/or
budgeting would work, in terms of pricing, sponsorships, shared venue
costs, shared meal costs, etc, etc, etc.

If the answer is "everything is shared" then some kind of framework
for sharing risk/reward between the organizations needs to be in place
beforehand.  Partnerships can be fruitful, but laying a groundwork of
shared understanding is important to avoid hard feelings at the end.

P.