[Foss4g2011] Re: [Foss4g2011-private] Re: Bunch of procrastinators:)

Craig Taverner craig at amanzi.com
Tue Apr 19 07:44:43 EDT 2011

My 2 cents on the voting: I think it is a novel and effective approach.
Obviously most voters (aside from the committee) will not review all
abstracts, usually people already have some idea what topics they are
interested in, and will do a search for those, read those abstract and vote
for the ones they like. So for the average voter, I think the search
function (keywords and abstract contents) is most important. I do like the
randomizer idea also, since you do want these voters to read a reasonable
number of other abstracts too, and vote on some of those also.