[foss4g2014] logo vote: go do it!

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Fri Dec 13 10:45:03 PST 2013

Here are my thoughts on the logos

1 (Stumptown):
I like the 'organic-ness'. Not sure that I like the green. Might want
to go some bright color to accent off the nature colors. Or maybe a
darker green like a dark green forest.

I have questions about the flexibility of this logo, i.e. will it work
on many colors and backgrounds?

2 (Path/Grid):
I like this a lot too but street focused and perhaps too rectilinear.
Perhaps further 'river' development could improve this. Perhaps no
outline on the river where it flows out of the rectilinear area,
leaving it free flowing and bounding. Perhaps a larger more complete
river (connecting with Columbia and upriver Columbia) with the ribbon
just a portion of the river network in a slightly different blue or
outlined...  Perhaps flip the ribbon so that there can be more down
river flowing?  This could be less street centric by removing the
streets and just using bike paths/routes, not sure that would be
recognizable.

This could be an awesome OSM logo as is...

3 (Bridgetown):
I like this a lot too. Not sure on the red.

I second Elizabeth and Percy's number of colors/total printed area
concerns. If Elizabeth thinks it is not feasible for use, we should
ask that it be redesigned or eliminated. If we outline the sign, then
we could remove one of those large colors by making the shirt that
color.   We don't want a great but infeasible logo.

Really the problem is that I like all of these.  Initially 2
(Path/Grid) popped out at me most.

Eli