[foss4g2014] logo vote: go do it!

Darrell Fuhriman darrell at garnix.org
Fri Dec 13 11:06:38 PST 2013

> 1 (Stumptown):
> I like the 'organic-ness'. Not sure that I like the green. Might want
> to go some bright color to accent off the nature colors. Or maybe a
> darker green like a dark green forest.

FWIW, I think this could be one of those that the monitor makes a big difference. The color on my iPad is noticeably lighter than the color on my screen. (my screen is calibrated, although I haven't re-calibrated in a while).

I'm not a fan of the ribbon placement myself, but that's certainly the sort of thing that can be tweaked...

I was also thinking that it might be cool to have the topo actually be the topo of Mt Hood. Not sure how feasible that is, though.

> I second Elizabeth and Percy's number of colors/total printed area
> concerns. If Elizabeth thinks it is not feasible for use, we should

I think it's possible to have a more colorful print/digital version and a simpler version for screen printing..

Even though the Forest Service motif was my idea, I do kind of worry that for the logo itself it's a bit derivative.

I still like the idea of using FS themed signage at the conference itself, though…

d.