[foss4g2014] Work party and being a reviewer

Darrell Fuhriman darrell at garnix.org
Thu Apr 17 07:43:10 PDT 2014

We’ve gotten 280 submissions for the conference, which is awesome.  We’re anticipating being able to accept about 180 of those.

Two announcements:

1) For everyone in the area, we’ll be having a work party this weekend. Lots of things to do which may include, but are not limited to:

a) write website content
b) discuss keynotes
c) prepare a volunteer schedule
d) sponsorship coordination/planning
e) finalize schedule/tracks/slots

The work party will be at the Muddy Rudder in Sellwood at SE 7th and Tacoma.  (http://muddyrudderpdx.com). We’ll be arriving right when they open at noon and work for several hours – probably until the live music starts at about 5pm.

2) If you are interested in being a reviewer, please e-mail me. Responsibilities are:
a) be willing to review all (or a substantial portion) of the submissions
b) write comments where appropriate
c) join in any conference calls/meetings to finalize the program

Reviewing is a really important job, and by no means do you have to be local to do it.

Thanks everyone! Hope to see you on Saturday.

Darrell