[foss4g2014] js.geo, OSGeo LIVE, AGM, ten years, code sprint, booth materials

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Mon Jul 28 17:38:19 PDT 2014

In the interest of a quick meeting tomorrow night, here is a list of
questions.  Please provide your thoughts.  If these issues are already
resolved, please reply with details.

* js.geo details? More specifically, should this go in adjacent
activities press release August 5th?

* OSGeo LIVE list questions - mostly:
** 2. Is there a speaking slot available for the OSGeo-Live presentation?
** 3. What are your thoughts on printing DVDs/USBs of OSGeo-Live?

* Did we resolve the Annual General Meeting scheduling?  Did the
website get updated with this?

* There was a lack of interest in a “FOSS4G ten years on” thing with
the initial people we approached.  Do we want to put a call to the
discuss list or just pass on it?  Do we have time/space for it?

* Are there really ~120 code sprint “yes” indications?

* Which booth materials do we want neighboring chapters to bring?  Pop
up banner?  Printed materials?  Books? (I'll bring GRASS and PostGIS
In Action but there are also OpenLayers, GeoServer, and other books)

* http://www.djangocon.us/ is in Portland the week before, not sure
how much geo will be there.  We could offer to cross promote.  Know
any organizers or likely content?

Thanks, Eli