[FOSS4G2016] campaign: early birds with t-shirts as living advertising pillars

Gert-Jan van der Weijden - Stichting OSGeo.nl gert-jan at osgeo.nl
Sat Oct 10 04:06:08 PDT 2015

Hi Marc and other LOC-ers,

Regarding the early bird registrations: in the monthly meeting in LUXX
(Bonn) this weeks a special custom-made T-shirt (with an X at the logo's of
previous FOSS4G's one attended) were suggested.

How about taking this one step further, and send the early-bird registrars
their T-shirt (with a text like:  "I'm gonna attend the FOSS4G 2016 in Bonn"
in advance. That make 400 living advertising pillars.

Additionally, a photo contest can be added: show your FOSS4G T-shirt in a
special place (at the Taj Mahal, in front of the "I Amsterdam"  sign [1], at
a local chapters event (or even at the Esri User Conference..) etc

Gives it a kind of viral effect. (remember planking, remember Ice Bucket
Challenge)

And of course, instead of a T-shirt, one can order a neck-tie ;-)

Your thoughts on this?

Regards,

GJ

[1]