[FOSS4G2016] Urgent decision about rooms in WCCB

Steven Feldman shfeldman at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 01:44:02 PDT 2015

Depends on numbers of course but if you are ambitious and hope to have over 800 delegates (which I think is achievable for NA and Europe) then your room space without the plenary space only hosts 560 which seems a bit low to me.  Although there will always be 10-15% of delegates not in a session

Another observation, for some of the most popular speakers you will get more than 100 people wanting to attend, options are to  use the plenary space but that will be very empty and unatmospheric or run some very popular sessions twice (you can work that out in the fly if the speakers agree)

Whatever you decide you will find a way to make it work, that's the magic of a FOSS4G and community

Cheers

Steven