[FOSS4G2016] general note: shake up of LOC

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Oct 19 06:31:57 PDT 2015

Yes at some point soon you should move to a weekly meeting.  I have seen
some past committee teams use IRC successfully (there is the #foss4g
channel on freenode that is mostly empty, awaiting your use), and also
phone conference calls using audio (it could be a weekly hangout with
audio).  But personally I find that IRC meetings are much more "get down
to business" than the audio calls ("hi how was your weekend?"), so I
have a preference for the IRC text chat (or Slack, but that seems to
offend some Open Source "oldtimers" so IRC it is, ha).

-jeff