[FOSS4G2016] general note: shake up of LOC

till.adams at fossgis.de till.adams at fossgis.de
Mon Oct 19 01:41:54 PDT 2015

Hi LOC!

This is a really honest eamil but unfortunately it looks like, that it
is necessary.
I know, that everybody involved in LOC also has a normal job and I also
understand that not everybody of you can act like I am doing.

But...we are now in a situation where I really must **rely** on
everybody's contributions!

I think that at least it should be possible to everyone, who gets asked
about s.th. which is in your personal area of responsibility to reply to
a question in a short email.
And if the reply is: "Sorry, I am short in time for now, but I will
work on this on [...]" - that's also fair and nobody will be angry about
that.

!!!The worst thing you can do (to all other people involved in LOC) is
to do/write/say nothing!!!

Please note, that we are far away from having too much time for
organization and I really would like to get us all in motion for the
upcoming tasks!
The most urgent things are:

-> add more info on the homepage (@Anja, Carmen asked last week about
having a meeting this week?)
-> fix sponsorship and exhibition packages (@Arnulf and @Hinrich: still
no reply from you)
-> fix our contract with WCCB (wrote a question on this a few minutes
ago)
-> fix of our timetable and with that all the upcoming tasks

So please, please let us get these things in motion!

Maybe having a hangout or IRC chat once a week would make communication
easier? Our monthly meetings are good but mainly restricted to people
located in Bonn
What do you think? Any other ideas on that?

So far, Till