[FOSS4G2016] Urgent decision about rooms in WCCB

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Oct 19 06:56:47 PDT 2015

Hi Till,

I am following this discussion, it seems that in your last message that
you have a good plan.

I also want to remind you that you need 2 smaller rooms at the venue,
often forgotten at the beginning stages but are so important during the
event:

1) Local committee room.  I've seen this as a good space for the local
committee to meet face-to-face during the event, also to sit down and do
some of those committee tasks (printing new badges, stuff bags, etc).
It's also a good place to store items used by the committee, overnight
during the event, locked (monitors, laptops etc.)

2) Speaker prep room.  Don't forget about this room, as it's a good
place for speakers to hand in their presentations on their USB stick or
even work quietly on their slides.

Your "Rheinlobby" room could be used for one of these.

-jeff