[FOSS4G2016] Fwd: FOSS4G 2016: Weitere Raumabstimmung / further room plannings

Christian Willmes c.willmes at uni-koeln.de
Wed Oct 21 04:42:04 PDT 2015

Hi Volker,

I was just suggesting for a dedicated room.

Maybe it has also positive effects, to not separate the academic track,
but integrate it into the schedule.

Apparently, in Nottingham there was also no dedicated room for the
academic track, but the talks were nicely marked in the program schedule
(with an according icon), see:
http://2013.foss4g.org/conf/programme/daily/1/index.html

Maybe we should first decide of how to organize the academic track?

So, I am in favor of dedicated academic track sessions in the programs,
but those can be in different rooms across the session boundaries. (But
its only a suggestion/idea...)

Regards,
Christian

Am 21.10.2015 um 13:31 schrieb Volker Mische:
> Hi Till, Team,
>
> I think we'll need the additional rooms. I'm sorry for being so
> short-sighted, but I completely forgot about the academic track.
>
> When I was talking with Till I agreed that 180 talk slots are enough for
> the program (same amount as in Portland). But I forgot that this was the
> number without the academic track. Given that we'll almost certainly
> will need the additional rooms.
>
> Cheers,
>    Volker
>
> On 10/19/2015 05:42 PM, till.adams at fossgis.de wrote:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> below you see the german original. After reworking the room plannings,
>> it looks like this:
>>
>> · Plenum / Session-Raum 1: Plenarsaal (734 seats + 496 seats)
>> · Session-room 2: Bonn 1 & 2 & 3 (together as 1 room: 181 seats)
>> · Session-room 3: Tunnel (100 seats)
>> · Session-room 4: Berlin (112 seats)
>> · Session-room 5: Kleiner Saal (79 seats)
>> · Session-room 6: Kaminzimmer (100 seats)
>> · Session-room 7: Rheinlobby (120 seats)
>>
>> For the labs we can have an additional room for 20-25 work stations
>> (including tables).
>>
>> On top we get the option for the 3 rooms (Bangkok) in the new building
>> and they keep that option open until somebody else comes and is going to
>> plan a conference and requests exactly these rooms for the same time slots.
>> If that happens, we get asked, whether we want to pull that option or
>> not and must - in case - take that option immediately.
>> Also I guess, if that happens, it will happen within the next 4 month.
>>
>> Thinking about this, it's far better than directly plan WITH these
>> rooms, because either nobody comes, so the option remains open until we
>> really now an adequate number of attendees OR we have to pull it, but
>> then nothing changes in comparison to directly renting them. So going
>> this way, we have one option more :-).
>>
>> I talked to Volker (Program Comittee) and we agreed in going that way
>> for now.
>>
>> Till

Christian Willmes
AG GIS & Fernerkundung      | GIS & RS Group
Geographisches Institut     | Institute of Geography
Universität zu Köln         | University of Cologne
Tel.: +49 (0)221 470 6234
Fax.: +49 (0)221 470 2280
http://www.geographie.uni-koeln.de/willmes-christian.695.en.html
http://www.sfb806.de