[FOSS4G2016] Sharing marketing materials

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Oct 21 05:16:49 PDT 2015

Note that you can see now that people (website maintainers) are getting
itchy to add the 2016 logo, and a marketing page still has not been
developed for 2016 and sent to project teams (such as
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2016_Marketing or on the main website
such as http://2015.foss4g.org/about/spread-the-word/).

This should be the top priority now.

An example is Arnulf's logo message, which, is basically what I sent one
month ago.

Now it is one month later, almost November, we really need a marketing
page setup and distributed.

Should we consider funding this work?  Always a possibility.  Someone to
create a page on the OSGeo wiki (such as
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2016_Marketing) or on the 2016 site
(such as http://2015.foss4g.org/about/spread-the-word/), and then also
to send messages to all possible networks (this is an important
marketing task), including project lists, IRC channels, direct messages.
  One could start by using the list provided by Sanghee in the previous
message in this thread, of popular referral sites for 2015.

-jeff