[FOSS4G2016] Logo in square (and more) versions

Anton Popov mail at antonpopov.de
Thu Oct 22 01:01:47 PDT 2015

Hi Arnulf / list,

good idea about a squared version. I didn't create the original logo -
Küstenschmiede did that - but I took the liberty of creating an SVG
version of your approach and render it in your 200x200 resolution [1].

Providing continuity in sizing and ratios makes absolutly sense from an
external view, but then the questions arise what sizes are the optimal
ones for site owners and what ratios the (yearly changing) logo can
support. The 2016 logo is very wide compared to the 2011 one for example.

As for slides in a corporate design - also a good idea! I'll put it on
my TODO list.

Thanks for your input.

Anton

[1] https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/foss4g/2016/marketing/logo/