[fusion-dev] Please review the patch: enhance the MapTip widget to enable/disable map tooltips

Michael Adair madair at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Jul 29 13:05:27 EDT 2011

Hi Buddy,

I have a couple of comments on this:

1. the default behaviour should remain the same as before applying this
patch which is to be enabled without a button.  To me it looks like you
are changing this widget to always require a button to enable the
tooltips, which will break a lot of existing applications that don't
have a spot for the button.   You need to make the button an optional
behaviour.

2. calculating this.mainPath: we already have Fusion.fusionURL which
holds a pointer to where fusion.js was loaded from and your images
should be relative to that or relative to the template directory.  The
way you are getting that image URL just looks odd to me and not the
usual Fusion way of doing things.

Cheers,

Mike