[fusion-users] MapGroups - Multiple Maps?

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Wed Apr 16 16:53:03 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out how to replicate the tiled/untiled combination
maps that MapGuide allows.  Fusion appears to only allow setting
single-tiled or not for any map, so I'm guessing that I can't just point
at a MapGuide map that contains both static and tiled layers.  I'm
thinking that I need to define these maps using two maps inside of one
group.  Something like:

    <MapGroup id="Default" xsi:type="MapType">
     <Map xsi:type="MapGuideLayerType">
        <Type>MapGuide</Type>
        <SingleTile>true</SingleTile>
        <Extension>

<ResourceId>Library://Nanaimo/NanaimoMap/Maps/Themes/Default.MapDefiniti
on</ResourceId>
        </Extension>
      </Map>
     <Map xsi:type="MapGuideLayerType">
        <Type>MapGuide</Type>
        <SingleTile>false</SingleTile>
        <Extension>

<ResourceId>Library://Nanaimo/NanaimoMap/Maps/Ortho_background.MapDefini
tion</ResourceId>
        </Extension>
      </Map>
    </MapGroup>

Does this seem correct?  It doesn't appear to work for me; I see lots of
requests but the map remains blank.

Also, when attempting to access a tiled map, it is prompting me to enter
a username/password.  Is there a configuration parameter I can use so
that a fixed userid is used for these tiles?

Thanks,
Jason