[fusion-users] Implementing Fusios

Warren M warren.medernach at imaginit.ca
Thu May 1 15:18:42 EDT 2008

Hello,

I’m digging into Fusion, and I’m curious how I might tackle a specific
scenario.

I want to build a Fusion based application that is essentailly a wrapper for
multiple MG Layouts.

Here’s an example of what I’m looking to do with an existing application
structure/hierarchy:
Root
                App1
                                Layouts
                                Maps
                                Etc..
                App2
                                Layouts
                                Maps
                                Etc..
                Etc..

Using the regular Layouts you could pass a querystring (App1) and drill down
to a specific Layout to load, ie
App1\Layouts\App1.LayoutDefintion

Now with the Fusion Layouts these details are stored in the
ApplicationDefinition.xml, and I would like to avoid having to have separate
fusion apps for each child or writing to this xml file each time.  So I
would like some guidance from them on the best way to structure this.  I
hope this makes sense.

<MapGroup id="sheboygan" xsi:type="MapType">
      <Map xsi:type="MapGuideLayerType">
        <Type>MapGuide</Type>
        <SingleTile>true</SingleTile>
        <Extension>

<ResourceId>Library://Samples/Sheboygan/Maps/Sheboygan.MapDefinition</ResourceId>
        </Extension>
      </Map>
    </MapGroup>

Thanks so much