[fusion-users] Implementing Fusios

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Thu May 1 16:01:34 EDT 2008

Hi Warren,

first you need to be subscribed to the fusion users list to be able to
post, please go to http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/fusion-
users and subscribe if you plan to post other questions (I've
administratively accepted your question this time).

I'm not sure I follow your question, but I'll blindly give some
answers anyway in the hope that I do answer your question.  If I
don't, please feel free to say so (after subscribing of course) :)

Fusion needs two pieces to get started, a 'template' and an
ApplicationDefinition.  The template is just an HTML file, and the
ApplicationDefinition is a MapGuide resource document that may exist
in the MapGuide repository (or it may exist outside the repository).

So you can create a single 'template' and start fusion by pointing to
one of many ApplicationDefinitions thus controlling the functionality
of the application while preserving the same basic layout and look &
feel between them.  Alternately, you can have multiple 'template's all
pointing to the same ApplicationDefinition, thus sharing functionality
between different layouts and look & feels.

Cheers

Paul