[fusion-users] Map does not draw using a virtual host

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Wed Oct 29 12:49:04 EDT 2008

Hi Andrew,

These apps are referencing fusion as ../fusion

I'm guessing that you have fusion at:

  /var/www/htdocs/fusion

and demo at:

  /var/www/htdocs/demo

If you create a virtual host for demo.source3.com pointing to:

  /var/www/htdocs/demo

Then you can no longer reference fusion as

  ../fusion

because Apache cannot reference files outside of the document root.

To solve this I would suggest either adding a line like this to your
virtual host for Demo:

  Alias /fusion /var/www/htdocs/fusion

or creating a symlink to fusion under the demo directory:

  cd /var/www/htdocs/demo
  ln -s /var/www/htdocs/fusion fusion

You may also want to modify your index.html file to reference fusion as
/fusion/ instead of ../fusion/ which will work for both cases and be
more accurate for the virtual host.

Jason