[fusion-users] Maptips on Mapserver

Marc Pfister mpfister at enplan.com
Wed Sep 3 19:16:09 EDT 2008

I have Maptips sort-of working now on Mapserver. Only problem is that
they aren't visible. On FF3 I thought it might be a Z-index thing, like
the measure tool, but I don't see them on IE7 either. Looking at the
HTML source in Firebug though, it certainly looks like it created the
Maptip.

Does this look right? Here's the html:

<li id="FusionItem28" class="maptipContainer" style="display: block;
top: 480px; left: 612px; visibility: visible;">
SPMU-CH-CBDZ
<iframe class="maptipShim" scrolling="no" style="width: 1271px; height:
42px;">
<head>
<title/>
</head>
</iframe>
</li>

It's in this map if you'd like to take a closer look:

http://209.20.81.81/fusion/templates/mapserver/corning/

The console log will return the value of the maptip and a message that
it set the maptip to "visible'.

Marc