[fusion-users] PanQuery and pink backgrounds

Marc Pfister mpfister at enplan.com
Fri Sep 12 16:36:54 EDT 2008

> You should not have this issue if you were to revert it to the the
panquery widget i can tell you why this is happening.

Here's a version set to the PanQuery widget right now:

http://209.20.81.81/fusion/templates/mapserver/panquery

<Item xsi:type="WidgetItemType">

<Function>Widget</Function>

<Widget>PanTool</Widget>

</Item>

And

<Widget xsi:type="UiWidgetType">

<Name>PanTool</Name>

<Type>PanQuery</Type>

<StatusItem>Drag the map to pan.</StatusItem>

<ImageUrl>images/icons/pan.png</ImageUrl>

<ImageClass/>

<Tooltip>Pan mode</Tooltip>

<Label/>

<Disabled/>

</Widget>

>The other thing to note is the maptip is actually triggering a "QUERY /
SELECTION" to get the maptip and thus the selection has changed. You can
see the correct

>behavior if you quickly drag pan it does not get a chance to fire
maptips and then change the selection.

>What you need to do is basically disable the maptips widget when the
pan widget is active.

I need the maptips to be always be on, and it seems to break every UI
convention of a tooltip to have it only work some of the time.

So in order to fix this, is it possible to query information without
changing the selection? Alternately, could one store the current
selection, and have maptips revert back to that selection after it does
its query/selection thing?

Marc