[fusion-users] Changing Session-based maps in Fusion

Bill Ten Broeck btenbroeck at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 06:10:37 EDT 2009

Hello.

We have an application that has a navigation tool that allows the user
to select a site (each site has its own, pre-defined map), and then
drill down into the site. The drilldown-map is basically an empty,
arbitrary coordinate system template map, which we erase then add layers
to depending on what they have selected. We have this working well,
provided we start with, or expose the template map, and then create our
session based map. (IE, it has to be the currently visible map). What we
need to be able to do is go directly from the static map to the runtime
map with no intermediate step of needlessly exposing the template, just
to make it the current map.

It seems like the approach we are looking for is to change the session
map in fusion to a session map we have created server side but we aren’t
quite sure how to approach this. Is this clear? And if so, would anyone
be willing to sketch out an approach?

Thanks in advance.