[fusion-users] RE: Auto-authenticate when using Fusion Viewer

Chris Claydon chris.claydon at autodesk.com
Wed Jan 7 11:44:27 EST 2009

Ideally, the Fusion code would be updated to allow you to specify USERNAME and PASSWORD the same way that the AJAX Viewer does. Until that happens, there is a workaround...

Fusion allows you to authenticate with a session ID. Here's a simple php script that creates a session using the 'Anonymous' user and re-directs to the template of your choice...

<?php
    $fusionMGpath = './MapGuide/php/';
    include $fusionMGpath . 'Common.php';

    $locale = GetDefaultLocale();
    $appdef = "";
    $template = "";
    $session = $siteConnection->GetSite()->CreateSession();

    GetRequestParameters();

    $viewerSrc = 'templates/mapguide/' . $template . '/index.html';
    $viewerSrc = $viewerSrc . '?APPLICATIONDEFINITION=' . $appdef;
    $viewerSrc = $viewerSrc . '&SESSION=' . $session;

    header( 'Location: ' . $viewerSrc ) ;

    function GetParameters($params)
    {
        global $appdef, $template;

        $appdef = $params['APPLICATIONDEFINITION'];
        $template = $params['TEMPLATE'];
    }

    function GetRequestParameters()
    {
        if($_SERVER['REQUEST_METHOD'] == "POST")
            GetParameters($_POST);
        else
            GetParameters($_GET);
    }

?>

Save this script in a file called something like FlexViewer.php, and drop it in the www/fusion folder in the MapGuide web tier. You can then link to it using a URL that includes the parameters APPLICATIONDEFINITION and TEMPLATE. E.g.

http://myserver/mapguide20xx/fusion/FlexViewer.php?APPLICATIONDEFINITION=Library%3a%2f%2fSheboyganSandbox.ApplicationDefinition&TEMPLATE=Slate

You should no longer need to authenticate.

Note that in MG 2010, the fusionMGpath parameter will change to './Layers/MapGuide/php/' but the rest of the script should still be fine.

Chris.