[fusion-users] Dynamically adding a layer to the mapfile

Dominic Gervais dominicgervais at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 15 16:17:48 EDT 2009

Hello All fusion users....

Is there a way of adding a layer to the mapfile using PHP/MapScript. I'd like to enpower users so they can choose to add a layer of their choice to a "base" Mapfile. So, scaling is out of the question.

I know I can add some code in the loadMap.php file. But, is it possible to retrieve some variables in that file that would be submitted by the user prior to accessing the index.html (or index.php in my case) via a form of some sort.

Any hints would be appreciated...

Thanks,

Dominic