[fusion-users] Non-visual widgets

Mike Adair madair at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Mar 31 10:06:40 EDT 2009

Jackie Ng wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I want to do is to be able to execute some javascript in response to a map selection event, but I want to be able to do this without hacking each fusion template, so I thought some kind of widget similar to Invoke Script in functionality would do the trick, but I was wondering:
>
> a) Is it possible to create widgets that have no visual appearance?

Yes, the Maptip widget might be an example of this.  It does have some
visual output but there is no buttons or anything to start/stop it.

> b) If so, how do these get associated with the ApplicationDefinition? Is there MapGuide Studio support for this? Or would I have to manually edit the XML.

You would put it in the AppDef, with a <Type> that corresponds to what
you called the widget, e.g. Fusion.Widget.MyWidgetType would have <Type>
set to MyWidgetType.  For the <Name> element, I think you need a
corresponding HTML element in your template, but that can be an empty
hidden element.  Paul can correct me if I'm wrong about that.

I don't think there is support for this in Studio so you would have to
code that by hand in your AppDef.

Mike

--
   Michael Adair