[GCI-discuss] Google Code In 2017 Participant, Want to be a part of OSGeo's family !

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Nov 22 10:20:17 PST 2017

Hi Piyush!

Thanks for your message, great to see your interest in the OSGeo
community!!

Just to confirm: you are planning on entering the Code-in contest this
year, correct?

Regarding membership: we are a truly open community, with no membership
fees.  You might start by becoming familiar with the OSGeo projects that
are involved in the Code-in this year: here is a current list of the
projects involved
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Code_In_2017_Recommendations_for_Students#OSGeo_Projects_.26_Initiatives_Involved_in_the_Code-In

Through those project links you can then search for the source code,
browse its mailing list archives (many of the projects have archives
that can easily be searched through
http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/), install and maybe even
introducing yourself to the project mailing list of your choice.

Keep in mind that the Code-in contest will begin on 28 November.

On behalf of the OSGeo Code-in admins and all of its mentors, welcome to
OSGeo!  :)

-jeff