[gdal-dev] Re: DOQ1 and DOQ2 description reading

Frank Warmerdam warmerda at h...
Mon Jan 24 09:48:27 EST 2000

Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> I commited patches for it, but did not commit patches which make the
> bridge able to use it, and gdal_translate include it. I can send those if
> anyone cares.

Derrick,

Thanks for the DOQ2 support, and the descriptions. I would prefer that the
GetDescription() method remain DOQ specific for the time being (it seems it
isn't implemented on the GDALDataset base class). It is my intent to
implement a generic metadata strategy at some point, and at that point to
update various tools to carry the metadata. Description would just be one
of potentially many pieces of metadata.

I haven't yet worked out a strategy I want to follow, nor have I had a
compelling need.

Later,