Help!

Andréane Meunier andreane.meunier at p...
Wed Nov 28 23:06:42 EST 2001

Hi!

I'm trying to compile and run on Linux but can't seem to get things
going! Everything compiles but I can't seem to be able to run
gdal_translate. I have tried different formats and get different
errors. What bugs me is that when I use the binary it works!

I figure it must be my .so file but don't know how to fix that. When
I put my newly compiled .so file in /usr/lib/ it doesn't work. I am
new to .so files and Linux so I don't understand how to fix this
problem. (It is said on the website to use the static files, but I
don't know where...)

Sorry for my elementary question, but I am interested in understanding
my mistakes!

Andreane