Multiresolution images

Lowell Johnson ldjohn at u...
Wed Sep 19 13:34:49 EDT 2001

Hello,

I'm just beginning to look at the possibilities of using the GDAL to
support our image I/O needs. One concern is that we need to support image
formats that contain bands with differing resolutions (e.g., 30m, 15m
projection distances). If I have read correctly, the GDAL does not support
multiresolution data formats. Is there a way (short of breaking the
different resolutions into separate images) to handle multiresolution
images? If not, is this something that is being considered for future
development?

Thanks.

Lowell

--