[Gdal-dev] boolean data type?

Vincent Schut schut at sarvision.com
Wed Dec 11 09:43:24 EST 2002

Does anybody know of a boolean data type supported by GDAL? I am making
masks for several gigabytes of data (timeseries) and it would save me
quite some diskspace if I could save them as bits instead of bytes...
I think tiff theoretically could be b/w instead of grayscale, but I
can't find a GDT_bool like datatype...

I could of course just write the raw boolean data to disk as it will
always be coupled with some georeferenced other data file, but it would
be nicer to have it in some GDAL supported format.

Thanks,
Vincent Schut.