[Gdal-dev] ntf to postgres tables

nida Khan nida at webstar.co.uk
Thu Dec 12 06:21:54 EST 2002

Hi List,

I have recently started using ogr2ogr. It works fine, but I have some confusion and hoping that anyone can shade the light.
here r the steps I follow.

first I use ogrInfo on ntf file,
ogrInfo blah.ntf
1: BL2000_LINK (Line String)
2: BL2000_POLY (None)
3: BL2000_COLLECTIONS (None)
4: FEATURE_CLASSES (None)

ogr2ogr <directory name> blah.ntf  BL2000_LINK

this generate .shp,.dbf,shx and .prj  files in the directory
now I use shp2pgsql to create dump file.

confusion comes when I run the ogr2ogr command against a layer with  no geo. type
it only creates a .dbf and .prj file.
how do I import these files in postgres?
I think these layers contain other features realted to first geo. layer.

Appreciate any input!
Regards
Nida.