[gdal-dev] Proposed change to GDAL FITS driver

Simon Perkins s.perkins at l...
Mon Jul 1 21:30:51 EDT 2002

Simon Perkins wrote:
> I'd like to make a tiny but just possibly incompatible change to
> the FITS driver, so I'm writing this first to see if the change
> is likely to affect anyone out there. If you don't use the FITS
> driver in your code then please ignore this message. Even if you
> do use the FITS driver, you can most likely ignore this message
> anyway!
>
> FWIW, the change I'm proposing only involves a single, completely
> undocumented aspect of the driver, so I'm predicting that nobody
> outside of the organization I work in (where the driver was
> written) will be affected.

I have submitted an update for the FITS driver to CVS. The change
involves how FITS files with BZERO and BSCALE set are handled,
and differs slightly from what I suggested a few days ago (even
less has changed from the user point of view). See the updated
GDAL FITS documention for details. This change will presumably
take a while to propagate into a release (assuming Frank approves
the change...). Let me know if there are any problems.

Sy

--
Simon Perkins
Los Alamos National Laboratory, USA