[Gdal-dev] MrSID format (+ GDAL doc page)

Aleksey Naumov naumov at acsu.buffalo.edu
Sat Aug 2 16:43:12 EDT 2003

Andrey,

On Friday 01 August 2003 03:53 pm, Andrey Kiselev wrote:
> Aleksey,
>
> On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 03:08:23PM -0400, Aleksey Naumov wrote:
> > Is there any way to read MrSID files without the DSDK from LizardTech?
>
> I'm afraid, there isn't other way to do this. GDAL works as a wrapper
> for DSDK.

Ok, thanks for explaining.

> Try to download their software again. Both Linux and Windows utilities
> from LizardTech works good enough for me for converting purposes. Linux
> one sometime crashes and works only for MrSID files version 1.x (yes,
> LizardTech has several backward incompatible versions of the format!),
> so you may consider using Windows viewer.

Downloading again does not help, tar still has problems with decoder/info
downloaded file ('Linux_sid.tar', 9.3M). The viewer works, but does not
export coordinates ('tiff' option does not write the world file, and there is
no 'geotiff' option).
Anyway, decoder works under Win with the -geotiff option, this is what I am
using at the moment...

> > 	- "gdal_utilities.html" page seems not provided with the package
> > 	(CVS),
>
> Are you sure? I have rebuilded all documantation with `make docs'
> command and all files seems to be written properly, including
> gdal_utilities.html.

Yes, I don't understand what's happening. I see 'gcore/gdal_utilities.dox' and
when doxygen runs I see:

Preprocessing /home/Geo/GDAL/gdal/gcore/gdal_utilities.dox...
Parsing file /home/Geo/GDAL/gdal/gcore/gdal_utilities.dox...

But in the end I do not have the 'gdal_utilities.html' file:

[aleksey at hap595 gdal]$ find . -name gdal_util*
./gcore/gdal_utilities.dox
[aleksey at hap595 gdal]$ ll html/gdal_util*
ls: html/gdal_util*: No such file or directory

No idea why... Well, it's not that important anyway.

Thanks for your help,

Aleksey

--
Aleksey Naumov