[Gdal-dev] gdal_merge.py question

Gillian Walter gillian.walter at atlantis-scientific.com
Mon Aug 18 12:38:06 EDT 2003

Do you have another version of python installed on your system?  If you
do, windows might be trying to use that version rather than OpenEV's.  I
seem to recall having a problem like that before on windows, but I think
I just ended up uninstalling the other version.  If the presence of
another version of python is what is causing the problem, the only thing
I can think of to try other than uninstalling the other version of
python is to make sure that openev's python21.dll is copied into
OpenEV/bin and OpenEV/pymod in case windows will look in the current
directory before system directories for library files.  You could also
try downloading a version of OpenEV that uses a version of python
consistent with yours.  I think Frank's latest build (OpenEV_FW_162.zip)
uses python 2.2.something.  You can find these builds at
ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/gdal/openev/.

Gillian