[Gdal-dev] Help with reprojection of a quicklook...

Jeff Jacober jeff at terraengine.com
Mon Aug 18 14:18:18 EDT 2003

Hello.

I have an 8 bit JPEG image that I am trying to reproject.

The image is a quicklook (basically a thumbnail) of a raw Spot scene.

I have control point data for the image which basically consists of 5
pixel locations and the corresponding Lat/Lon coords (the 4 corners and
the center pixel). This data is contained in a separate text file.

I see that this type of thing can be done using something like:

% gdalwarp -t_srs '+proj=utm +zone=11 +datum=WGS84' raw_spot.tif utm11.tif

however, this assumes the control point information is contained in the
source file.  In my case, I have a jpeg source file with no control
information contained therein.

Can anyone give me some advice on how I can accomplish this. Perhaps
convert my jpeg to a geoTiff first and somehow add the control point info?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jeff J