[Gdal-dev] projections and netcdf

Alexis Zubrow azubrow at galton.uchicago.edu
Wed Aug 27 12:57:44 EDT 2003

Hi.

I am relatively new to gdal.  I have been using OGR to do some coordinate
conversions between various projections.  It has been very useful.

I have a large dataset that is stored in netCDF format.  I want to
reproject the data from one coordinate system to another.  But I want to
maintain the data in netCDF format.  I've looked through the
documentation for OGR and gdal, but I haven't found much to help me.  I
can easily setup the CoordinateTransformation object from OGR.  I also can
store the data in a large Numeric Array (time, layer, x, y).  Can I
reproject the data into a new numeric array?

BTW, does anyone have any more documentation on using python version of
OGR?

Thanks for your help,
Alexis

Alexis Zubrow
CISES					Phone: (773)834-9929
University of Chicago			Fax: (773)834-1045
5734 S. Ellis Ave., rm 459
Chicago, IL  60637