[Gdal-dev] OGR/Shapefile crash

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed Dec 10 17:07:37 EST 2003

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> I'm afraid I am somewhat confused at the end of this.  If you can
> produce the effect with a clean CVS build I will fix.  But it sounds
> like it might be a build-configuation issue, or a bug that has already
> been fixed.

Understand.  I'm planning to upgrade that system sometime to SuSE
8.x (it's 7.3 currently), at which point I'll check again.

> > Another subject:  Is there a test suite of simple map files for the
> > various types and subtypes of maps accepted by OGR/GDAL?
>
> Map files?  I assume you just mean raster files of the various formats?

Nope.  Another one of our developers is doing the GDAL integration
(Hi Chris!).  I'm doing OGR, therefore I'm looking for vector files
only.

In particular, it'd be nice if all of the major object types were in
some simple example files, perhaps Shapefiles.

I'm prowling around the 'net and finding various maps to test with,
but most of them just have Point/Linestring/Polygon/MultiPolygon.
I'm having troubles finding anything more complicated, or finding
some of the more obscure map formats to test with.

Have a vector collection?

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin