[Gdal-dev] Forgetting to Destroy?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Dec 11 14:20:26 EST 2003

Curt Mills, WE7U wrote:
> My code is currently reading Shapefile maps via OGR.  If I disable
> the feature loop, memory appears relatively stable.
>
> Enabling the feature loop, I'm losing megabytes every time I read
> in Shapefiles.  I disabled the majority of the "feature" loop via
> #ifdef's, and am just running this now:

Curt,

I tested on a bunch of other files, and discovered that a bunch of new
contributed code related to recognising multipolygons properly was leaking
geometry objects quite seriously.  I have committed a fix to the
gdal/ogr/ogrsf_frmts/shape/shape2ogr.cpp file that corrects this.  I imagine
this was what was causing you problems.