[Gdal-dev] Forgetting to Destroy?

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Dec 11 20:31:41 EST 2003

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> I ran "ogrinfo -ro -al polygon.shp" through valgrind, and it reports only
> 316 bytes of memory leaked.  Is there anything unusual about the file
> in question?  Are you working from recent source?  I don't know why there
> would be a problem.  You are destroying the datasource when you are done,
> right?

Yes.  I started with your example C program, and filled things in
from there.  We have the capability of running through a lot of files
at once, displaying them all.  We finish each one before starting on
the next.  We're multi-threaded, but not in the map reading/display
portion of our program.  The datasources get closed and all objects
that I can figure out that we malloc'ed, get free'd when we're done.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer