[Gdal-dev] 1 and 4 bits image

Andrey Kiselev dron at ak4719.spb.edu
Thu May 1 13:43:03 EDT 2003

Sylvain,

On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 10:25:11AM -0400, Sylvain Rioux wrote:
> Yes, I'm a child of the Microsoft generation so you're right about the
> Windows BMP format.

I want to warn you that 1-,4- and 8-bit Windows BMPs has a colour table,
so you can't interpret them as grayscale or monochrome images.

Besides I have found and fixed small problem in BMP driver: colour
interpretation was incorrectly reported as a grayscale for 1-bit images.
Note, that 1-bit BMPs has two colours with indexes 0 and 255 (not 0 and
1).

--
Andrey V. Kiselev
Home phone:  +7 812 5274898  ICQ# 26871517