[Gdal-dev] PHP-OGR Extension- OGR_DS_GetLayer() doesn't always return the same layer handle

Normand Savard nsavard at dmsolutions.ca
Thu May 15 14:05:52 EDT 2003

Hi Frank,

I have built php unit tests to verify the php-ogr extension functions.
In order to perform data comparison against validation data, I need to
get some specific layers. I used "OGR_DS_GetLayer()" function to get an
handle to a   specific layer.  As you know, this function takes two
arguments:  a data source handle and a layer number.

I was believing that giving the same layer number, this function will
always return me the same layer handle.  But when I copied a data
directory to a new directory the order of the layers changed.  So, when
I call the "OGR_DS_GetLayer()" function with a specific layer number,
the return layer handle did not correspond to the layer into the source
directory.

As a workaround, I used "OGR_DS_GetLayerByName()" function.  Is there a
plan to modify the "OGR_DS_GetLayer()" function to always return the
same layer handle giving a specific layer number?

Norm