[Gdal-dev] ceos and sar_ceos

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Nov 11 09:38:15 EST 2003

Fu Chen wrote:
> Hi! I face a little trouble when I open one spot image. The GDALOpen take it as SAR_CEOS and get wrong image. If I
> bypass the SAR_CEOS driver in the loop in GDALOpen, it will recognized as CEOS successfully and interpret the data
> correctly. I don't have SAR data, and don't sure whether it is possible to replace the position of these two drivers
> in the driver list to get rid of this bug.

Fu Chen,

Ideally I would like access to the dataset so that I could try and modify
the SAR_CEOS driver to skip it or handle it correctly.

However, the answer to your question is that you can modify the driver order.
Fetch the SAR_CEOS driver from the GDALDriverManager with the GetDriverByName()
method, and then use DeregisterDriver() to remove it from the manager, and
RegisterDriver() to register it again.  At that point it should appear at
the end of the list of drivers to try.