[Gdal-dev] ogr2ogr issue with postgis

Tommie M. Jones tj at atlantageek.com
Fri Nov 28 12:21:49 EST 2003

Hello,
I am trying to use ogr2ogr on postgres7.4 and postgis. It converts tiger
data to postgis. My command line looks like the following

/usr/local/gz-packages/openev_FW/bin/ogr2ogr -f PostgreSQL PG:dbname=billboard TGR13001 -lco LAUNDER=YES

I do a \dt and all the tables list.
However when I try and look at an individual table the following happens.

billboard=# select * from ZipPlus4
billboard-# ;
ERROR:  relation "zipplus4" does not exist
billboard=# \d zipplus4
Did not find any relation named "zipplus4".

However according to \dt it should be there. (See below)

billboard=# \dt
               List of relations
 Schema |        Name        | Type  |  Owner
--------+--------------------+-------+----------
 public | AltName            | table | postgres
 public | AreaLandmarks      | table | postgres
 public | CompleteChain      | table | postgres
 public | EntityNames        | table | postgres
 public | FeatureIds         | table | postgres
 public | IDHistory          | table | postgres
 public | Landmarks          | table | postgres
 public | OverUnder          | table | postgres
 public | PIP                | table | postgres
 public | PolyChainLink      | table | postgres
 public | Polygon            | table | postgres
 public | PolygonCorrections | table | postgres
 public | PolygonEconomic    | table | postgres
 public | TLIDRange          | table | postgres
 public | ZeroCellID         | table | postgres
 public | ZipCodes           | table | postgres
 public | ZipPlus4           | table | postgres
 public | geometry_columns   | table | postgres
 public | spatial_ref_sys    | table | postgres
(19 rows)

Any suggestions?

--
global community</a>